Welcoming to Different Skies, an original science-fiction roleplay. Please mind the air locks and try not to get stuck in a vacuum.

"Humanity can survive, my friends. But it will take effort and it will take sacrifice. But first, we must rebuild the wheel to study these assailants from beyond. Any piece, any fragment of the Deus Pinnae that rears its head will be ours. Yamata 16 can no longer afford to linger in the shadows. If we must, we will take all of Bastion space in our grasps and ravage it until every metal sliver of the Pinnae is revealed... By any means necessary."

Jonathan Langdon.

Vestiges of Our Kind

AFFILIATE WITH US!

RPG-Directory Derelict
RPG-D Crusader Citadel New Sith BrotherhoodDistant Fantasies

Sidebar: Dana
Skinned by typhon
Mini Profile: EVE

WE ARE RATED AS

Reply to topic Start New Topic

Kyle Farnes
Kyle Farnes
 Posted: Mar 6 2016, 07:53 AM
25 YEARS OLD // Novae
Unaffiliated // Freelancer
CURRENTLY Offline w/ 22 POSTS

PLAYED BY Corey

Kyle Farnes PLOTTER | DOSSIER | tracker

_searching Z:\ for query...
    _uploading requested file...
    _opening heuristic personnel dossier:
    _dossier template: DEFAULT
    _script execution time .006 seconds

CONTENTS OF FILE ARE [CLASSIFIED] AND REQUIRE SECURITY CLEARANCE OF [BLACK] TO VIEW.

Z:\ P L A Y E R - I N F O R M A T I O N.ooc

_requesting RL:\ for established query...
_player alias: Corey
_other characters:None
_modes of contact: PM
Z:\ C H A R A C T E R - I N F O R M A T I O N.ic

_analyzing system settings...
      _generating personnel dossier: DEFAULT
      _rendering holographic display:
user posted image
STEVEN R. MCQUEEN

_affiliation: Freelance

_full name: Kyle Farnes
_nicknames/alias: N/A
_date of birth: 11.17.2490
_age: 25
_home planet: Spaceborn
_current residence: Starship
_relatives: None
_orientation: Hetereo
_marital status: Single

_gender: Male
_height: 5’11
_weight: 155lbs
_hair color: Brown
_eye color: Green
_identifiable marks: Aside from the bumps in his forehead and left temple, where his implants are located, Kyle’s body is pockmarked with scars, burns, and puncture wounds from a variety of adversaries. He has a tattoo on his right shoulder, a logo of a shipping company that no longer exists. His implants are a bit more... lazily placed than someone who went on the normal market to have them. While most people would have a straight line, or squared off appearance, even the ones that run down Kyle's arms are a bit haphazard in appearance. He is known to prefer jackets and longer sleeves to keep the attention off of the less-than-neat appearance.

_occupation: Freelancer

Z:\ P S Y C H O L O G Y.ic

_psychological evaluation loading... COMPLETED.
_personality: Kyle is what you would call focused. Not really one for small talk, and not trusting of many people. Not one to make friends easily, unless you owe him money, or are someone who can give him a job, or are a mark he has been hired to find, you really don’t exist to him. He does genuinely try to help people regardless of what others will say. While someone might see a side of Kyle that is purely work, there are those strangers, and people who can't help themselves. On top of that, he is 90 percent sure he'll help someone lost in space, but if they expect to trust their wallet to him? Well, that is just too tempting of a steal to make.
Z:\ P O W E R - I N F O R M A T I O N.ic

_genetic sequencing algorithm initiated... COMPLETED.
_archetype: Novae

_powers: As part of the Novae, Kyle has been implanted with the necessary hardware to manipulate his bioelectricity. As a result he is skilled with making psionic barriers around himself, as well as, with the necessary motivation (typically anger), generate pulses of energy at an adversary. With practice, he’ll be able to have the finesse to be able to move items using his implants.

_weaknesses: Kyle is a physically weak person. Built like a runner, he is fast, but when you get him in a fight? He’s not going to fare so well. Having been born to a couple who were struggling for money, Kyle does not have a strong formal education. This results in his knowledge base being mostly experience based, what he has learned from his parents and mentors along the way.

Z:\ H I S T O R Y.ic

_individual background loading... COMPLETED.
Kyle was born to a down on their luck couple and most say that the only reason he survived to birth was because of the medical advances of the day. Early life for Kyle was pretty simple, living aboard a starship and taking the odd jobs with his father and mother, all the while moving goods from point A to B. He never asked, but the cargo was most of the time not fully legal, and was any number of illicit goods, depending where they were traveling. Some of his earliest memories are sitting in a dark room off the cargo hold with his mother. The ship was always tumbling.

Spending a lot of time on the ship, Kyle was becoming very familiar with several different manufacturers of starships and parts, all the while sneaking off the ship to follow his parents as they made delivery runs to any number of stations and worlds. He had learned to travel silently, and was very good at listening, and understanding what people wanted. Most, he learned, didn’t give a damn about you, and just wanted a fair price for whatever they were buying. The trick for him, was always know where your ship was, and how to get back.

Nearing puberty, Kyle’s parents had brought him on one last run, and they were telling him it was all going to be fine from here on out. Now, the fact that Kyle’s parents weren’t well off didn’t mean they didn’t want the best for him. Most of the jobs they were taking were lucrative enough, but not always. They were working to provide a better life for him, and around the time he was turning 12, they were able to cash in on their dream, and had taken Kyle to one of the best black market surgeons they could find.

The next few weeks, were a blur. Kyle was on an unknown station, and he had no idea where his parents were. All he knew was that someone kept feeding him and soon, started asking for him to work. Thus began the final clause on the deal his parents made, until he was a legal adult, Kyle was going to be working for the same criminal network they were taking jobs for.

Being young, Kyle didn't ask too many questions about the jobs. He knew what he was doing, he was being slave labor. And for him? He was the youngest, and consequently the smallest for a few years. As a result, when the network needed smaller items moved through crowds, typically drugs, and sensitive data, after all, what kind of police officer would go after a kid? As he grew up, and proved himself to the operation, he was starting to get involved in the more sensitive tasks of the organization: human trafficking. The small drug distribution aspect of the organization, as Kyle was to find out was called 'Lupin', was merely transport, they didn't do any serious manufacturing.

He never learned the fine points of the human trafficking business, all Kyle knew was he was given cargo, which one fateful day, he discovered were actually living people, and had to bring them from point A to point B, and allow the contacts to unload his cargo. Life was pretty much a series of orders for Kyle up until the age of 21.

That was until he was released from their service, and given a ship. He’d apparently paid off his debt. Did he actually trust it? No, he'd heard talk of people being in servitude for a group like this their entire life. Part of his goals in the galaxy now are to find out why he was released, what was he released for?

Z:\ S A M P L E.ic

_accessing individual's archive footage files...
      _generating script... COMPLETED.
That was the big challenge, now wasn’t it? Kyle shook his head as he looked to his ship. He had patched her together so she would make it back to Bastion, and how did she repay him? By breaking right in the damned hangar. He sighed. Yes, he knew the ship was telling him that he was welcome. “Yeah, I hear you, JEM. You could have broken down way out in the middle of no where, but in case you can’t remember, we have a fuckin’ job to get to. And I can’t do that with stabilizers breaking every warp jump.” He shook his head.

Some transport job this was turning out to be. What he needed was to refuel and rearm and get moving again. Really, those were the least of his worries. JEM, ‘Just Electronics Management’ was the AI behind the ship that he flew. The ship, affectionately called Rum Runner was Kyle’s home and main source of income. She was an older vessel, the hull and spirit of one of those hot rodding transport ships, with the countermeasure systems of an early military ship. Kyle preferred to just have his ship disappear and run, rather than fight, but in the off chance he needed something blown up, there was a turreted missile launcher, just in case.

Running a grease covered hand through his hair, Kyle shook his head again. He needed to get himself moving. Stepping down the ramp of the ship, he nodded to the androids that were helping with upkeep. Yeah, get to work, was what he wanted to say, but in the off chance the AI rose up? He tried to be polite to everyone. And yeah, JEM understood that. But you know who didn’t understand?

The people who fronted him money.

And, as seems to be Kyle’s luck, they were entering the hangar right now.
PM
^
Jonathan Langdon
 Posted: Mar 6 2016, 01:53 PM
45 YEARS OLD // Mycorr
Yamata 16 // Genetech Administrator
CURRENTLY Offline w/ 8 POSTS

PLAYED BY typhon

Jonathan Langdon PLOTTER | DOSSIER | tracker

Hello Corey! Welcome to Different Skies!

I'll try to be as clear an concise as possible when reviewing this. If you have any issues that need clarification, please feel free to ask for it.

Identifiable Marks - Just so you know, the BURN Implant "bumps" aren't just on the head. There's more throughout the body, but those tend to be noticeable. You can pattern them how you like.

Personality - Is there anything else you can tell us about him?

History - Not many concerns until we get to that criminal network. I'd like to know a little more about them. We do have a major drug cartel called Avarik that would easily do something like this, though I can't say they'd let him out of his indentured servitude so willingly... But still, either way, a little more information about this criminal network and what he did with them would be helpful.

Think that's it for now. When you've made your edits, post here and let us know.
PMEmail
^
Kyle Farnes
 Posted: Mar 6 2016, 02:50 PM
25 YEARS OLD // Novae

PLAYED BY Corey

Worked through some more personality and attribute edits.
Personality on new characters sometimes changes once they get warmed up, so that is why it was a little sparse.

And I was wondering what I could answer specifically of the crime network. I'm hoping to use it as a bit of his backstory a 'why me' and add an air of mystery for the story.
PM
^
Jonathan Langdon
 Posted: Mar 6 2016, 03:21 PM
45 YEARS OLD // Mycorr

PLAYED BY typhon

That's fine on the personality. I don't expect fully-fleshed out, only the core of 'em.

What the criminal network was, what they did, what they had him doing to pay off his debt. Drug pedaling? Human smuggling? Menial labor? It's skating over a fair amount of time and should be addressed in some capacity.
PMEmail
^
Kyle Farnes
 Posted: Mar 6 2016, 03:47 PM
25 YEARS OLD // Novae

PLAYED BY Corey

Thanks for being rad.

Another edit made.
PM
^
Jonathan Langdon
 Posted: Mar 6 2016, 08:20 PM
45 YEARS OLD // Mycorr

PLAYED BY typhon

Much better. Thank you for the edits!
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Reply to topic Start New Topic

skinned by TYPHON